Credit Sesame 2019 Review
If you're interested in tracking your financial progress and credit history, Credit Sesame provides your monthly TransUnion credit score for free (based on the VantageScore® 3.0 scoring model).
You don't have to pay or provide credit card information when you sign up and you won't be sent any unexpected bills in the future. Your privacy is also protected since Credit Sesame uses encrypted software to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
If you're interested in checking out their services, you can head to Credit Sesame to receive your free score and additional benefits.
Credit Sesame Pros
- One Bureau Credit Score: Credit Sesame does a monthly soft pull on your credit report and offers single bureau credit monitoring. The credit score you receive is the VantageScore® 3.0 based score (provided by TransUnion).
- Free Identity Theft Protection: Credit Sesame offers free identity theft insurance, including fraud resolution assistance, which covers up to $50,000. You can only claim expenses that restore your identity, such as phone bills, up to 4 weeks of lost wages, notary and certified mailing costs, postage, receiving credit reports, and contacts with a live identity restoration expert. However, you can't claim losses that are due to bank and credit card fraud.
- Mobile Apps: Credit Sesame provides free mobile apps that you can access through desktop, iPhone, or Android. These app monitor your profile to alert you of any changes in credit score or home value. They also inform you of better credit card and loan options, while providing daily or weekly personalized alerts in real time.
- Setting Financial Goals: Credit Sesame helps you set financial goals such as improving your credit score and offers you basic advice on how to reach them. You can be informed of what is impacting your credit score, if you are overpaying on loans and credit cards, and how your financial situation is comparable to the rest of the population. Credit Sesame also helps you find the best rates on loans, investment accounts, auto insurance policies, and suggests balance transfer and rewards offers from credit cards.
- Tracking Financial Progress: Credit Sesame uses trending charts to track your loan payments, interest rates, and credit scores. These show what kind of loans, benefits, and offers you qualify for, saving you money on credit cards, mortgages, and loans. The Experian National Equivalency credit report marks major changes in new credit or debt, which is a good way of catching identity theft.
- Personalized Assistance: Credit Sesame offers personalized financial tips and tools that update monthly.
Credit Sesame Cons
- Credit Sesame's one bureau score is provided by TransUnion, which is generally not used by lenders who prefer checking your FICO score. The TransUnion VantageScore® model ranges from 300 to 850 (which is the same scale range as FICO scores).
- Credit Sesame upsells other related financial services that help them garner revenue.
Credit Sesame Pricing
Although signing up to receive their Experian credit monitoring is completely free and requires no credit card, Credit Sesame's additional features must be purchased.
Although Credit Sesame provides your Experian report and identity theft protection for free, any additional services and features can be purchased for a small fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the pricing of Credit Sesame?
It is free to sign up for Credit Sesame and their Experian credit monitoring service. You are not required to provide credit card information and they will not bill you at any time. However, Credit Sesame receives commission for any additional services provided by other companies that you may wish to sign up for, like loans and credit cards.
How long is the trial period?
Credit Sesame users can receive free monthly credit scores at no charge.
How frequently do they update my credit score?
Credit Sesame updates your credit score monthly.
What other services do they provide?
Credit Sesame provides free identity theft protection, setting financial goals, tracking financial progress, and mobile apps.
How is it a free service?
While the TransUnion credit monitoring service itself is free, Credit Sesame does offer some extra services. They offer loans and credit cards and receive a commission when a Credit Sesame member signs up. They also work through partnerships and may advertise another company's financial tools to receive a commission when a customer signs up through their site.
Reviews for Credit Sesame
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for Credit Sesame
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Year Founded 2010
- Pricing $0
- Trial Period None
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Other Credit Monitoring Company Reviews
Recently Updated Articles