Credit Sesame 2021 Review
Since it was founded in 2010, Credit Sesame has provided free credit scores, credit monitoring, and an overview of your credit history.
If you're interested in tracking your financial progress and credit history, Credit Sesame can help. They provide your monthly TransUnion credit score for free (based on the VantageScore® 3.0 scoring model).
Credit Sesame's services are totally free as long as you are using their basic service -- you won't even be required to provide credit card information. However, if you want to have more services, you will have to pay a monthly fee for the upgraded plans.
Contact Credit Sesame: Website: www.creditsesame.com
Credit Sesame Pros
- Accredited Service: Credit Sesame is accredited with an A+ from the BBB.
- One Bureau Credit Score: Credit Sesame does a monthly soft pull on your credit report and offers single-bureau credit monitoring. The credit score you receive is the VantageScore® 3.0 based score (provided by TransUnion).
- Free Identity Theft Protection: Credit Sesame offers free identity theft insurance, including fraud resolution assistance, which covers up to $50,000. You can only claim expenses that restore your identity, such as phone bills, up to 4 weeks of lost wages, notary and certified mailing costs, postage, receiving credit reports, and contacts with a live identity restoration expert. However, you can't claim losses that are due to bank and credit card fraud.
- Mobile Apps: Credit Sesame provides free mobile apps that you can access through desktop, iPhone, or Android. These app monitor your profile to alert you of any changes in credit score or home value. They also inform you of better credit card and loan options, while providing daily or weekly personalized alerts in real time.
- Setting Financial Goals: Credit Sesame helps you set financial goals such as improving your credit score and offers you basic advice on how to reach them. You can be informed of what is impacting your credit score, if you are overpaying on loans and credit cards, and how your financial situation is comparable to the rest of the population. Credit Sesame also helps you find the best rates on loans, investment accounts, auto insurance policies, and suggests balance transfer and rewards offers from credit cards.
- Tracking Financial Progress: Credit Sesame uses trending charts to track your loan payments, interest rates, and credit scores. These show what kind of loans, benefits, and offers you qualify for, saving you money on credit cards, mortgages, and loans. The Experian National Equivalency credit report marks major changes in new credit or debt, which is a good way of catching identity theft.
- Personalized Assistance: Credit Sesame offers personalized financial tips and tools that update monthly.
- Secure Website: Your privacy is protected since Credit Sesame uses encrypted software to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Credit Sesame Cons
- Credit Sesame's one-bureau score is provided by TransUnion, which is generally not used by lenders who prefer checking your FICO® score. The TransUnion VantageScore® model ranges from 300 to 850 (which is the same scale range as FICO® scores).
Credit Sesame Pricing
- Signing up to receive their Experian credit monitoring is completely free and requires no credit card. However, Credit Sesame's additional features must be purchased.
- Credit Sesame Advance Package: For $9.95 a month, customers receive an updated VantageScore every day (rather than just once a month) and an available monthly credit report download.
- Credit Sesame Platinum Protection: For $14.95 a month, customers receive additional credit monitoring services and identity theft protection, including $1 million in identity theft insurance.
Credit Sesame provides your Experian report and identity theft protection for free, while any additional services and features can be purchased for a small fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Credit Sesame free?
It is free to sign up for Credit Sesame and their Experian credit monitoring service. You are not required to provide credit card information and they will not bill you at any time. However, Credit Sesame receives commission for any additional services provided by other companies that you may wish to sign up for, like loans and credit cards. They also work through partnerships and may advertise another company's financial tools to receive a commission when a customer signs up through their site.
How long is Credit Sesame's trial period?
Credit Sesame users can receive free monthly credit scores at no charge.
How frequently does Credit Sesame update my credit score?
Credit Sesame updates your credit score monthly.
What other services does Credit Sesame provide?
Credit Sesame provides free identity theft protection, setting financial goals, tracking financial progress, and mobile apps.
Is Credit Sesame safe?
Yes. Credit Sesame uses bank-level security practices, encryption, and firewalls to protect your information.
Reviews for Credit Sesame
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for Credit Sesame
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Credit Monitoring Partners
ExtraCredit, Identity Guard, LifeLock
|Credit Score Required||None|
Other Credit Monitoring Company Reviews
Recently Updated Articles