Accredited Debt Relief 2023 Review
Since 2011, Accredited Debt Relief has assisted its clients with debt consolidation, debt management, and debt settlement.
Accredited Debt Relief's service providers have a combined 20+ years of experience in the debt relief industry and aims to resolve your debt as quickly as possible and for less than what you owe, settling unsecured debts such as credit cards, medical bills, private student loans, personal loans, and more.
Accredited Debt Relief's services can help reduce pesky collection calls as well as set up a central settlement account to help with debt reduction negotiations. Additionally, it's powered by Beyond Finance, an industry-leading debt resolution company that leverages advanced technology and innovative debt reduction programs to help clients resolve their debt in 12 to 60 months.
To get started, you can visit Accredited Debt Relief's site to enter in the amount of debt you want to settle and your personal contact information. A certified debt specialist will then contact you for a free consultation to take the time to get to know you and your financial situation before explaining how the program works. During this time, they will authorize a soft credit pull and review your credit report.
If Accredited Debt Relief can assist you, you will be called a second time to discuss your options, match you with a program (debt consolidation, debt management, or debt settlement), and guide you through the enrollment process. You will be assigned an account manager who will be your point of contact through the program.
If you enroll in a debt settlement program, you'll open a savings count in your name (and under your control) in which you will make the required monthly program deposits that will go towards paying off your debt, which is based on your total enrolled debt, budget, and goals.
You'll also be required to stop using your credit cards and/or the loan or line of credit the program is targeting. During this time, Accredited Debt Relief's debt resolution negotiators work with your creditors to secure a settlement that helps boost your savings, reduce your total payments, and resolve your debt as quickly as possible.
You'll need to approve each settlement that a creditor agrees to and the funds you've accumulated in your secure, non-interest trust account will pay them off. Your debt will be resolved once you've paid off your creditor in full, which may take anywhere from 2 to 4 years. Initial settlements generally occur within the first 4 to 6 months, but this depends on how much money you can deposit in your account each month.
If none of those options are valid for you, Accredited Debt Relief can help you find a bankruptcy lawyer in the case it's your best option.
Contact Accredited Debt Relief
Phone: 800-497-1965 Hours: Monday - Sunday, 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM PST Email: [email protected] Address: Accredited Debt Relief, LLC 4835 Eastgate Mall San Diego, CA 92121
Accredited Debt Relief Pros
- Top industry accreditations: Accredited Debt Relief is accredited by the AFCC (American Fair Credit Council), IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators), San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, and the BBB with an A+.
- Very positive customer reviews: As of March 31st, 2020, Accredited Debt Relief currently has a 4.8/5 and 3000+ Great and Excellent rated reviews on Trustpilot (an independent review site), which is 98%+ of their total user reviews.
- High transparency: The website includes detailed information on Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines for debt settlement companies.
- Reasonable fees that are also industry standard: Accredited Debt Relief's fees are typically 18 - 25%.
- No-risk guarantee: You pay nothing to Accredited Debt Relief until your debts have been settled.
- 100% free initial no-obligation consultation: Simply fill out a form on their website to find how out much you could reduce your credit card debts.
- Personalized experience: Clients are provided with one representative through the debt settlement process.
- Works with largest industry leaders: Accredited Debt Relief has successfully negotiated with these credit card companies: Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, Capital One, Citibank, American Express, Sears, USAA, The Home Depot, US Bank, HSBC, GE Capital, Barclays, and OneMain Financial.
- Positive customer service reviews: Past customers praised the representatives on their assistance. Many stated that they felt comfortable with the reps.
- Track your progress: Their personalized online dashboard allows you to check personal progress in real time.
- They accept a minimum $10,000 of unsecured debt. This is significantly lower than the industry standard minimum, which is typically $15,000 for companies like Freedom Debt Relief.
- Experienced Providers: Accredited Debt Relief's partners have over 20 years of experience.
- Endorsed by Kevin Harrington of Shark Tank
- Charitable causes: In addition to providing debt consolidation services, Accredited Debt Relief donates money to charities such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the Wounded Warrior Project, the Salvation Army, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and Father Joe’s Villages.
- Safe and secure website: Accredited Debt Relief uses SSL encryption so your personal information is kept sure online.
Accredited Debt Relief Cons
- Accredited Debt Relief is not available in every state. They currently don't have services in CO, CT, DE, GA, HI, IL, KS, ME, NH, ND, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA or WI.
- The debt settlement process could negatively affect your credit, which can limit future access to loans and credit lines.
- When Accredited Debt Relief is negotiating a settlement, you must stop paying any outstanding balances. This can cause even more debt due to the added interest and fees, and even result in being sued or having overdue accounts to be sent to collections.
- Any forgiven debt is taxable income by the IRS, so you may end up owing more in taxes. However, you can apply for an exemption with Form 982.
- Getting an idea of the cost is difficult since Accredit Debt Relief works with third parties and fees will vary.
- Because Accredited Debt Relief is a matching service, your personal information (minus any sensitive information like your Social Security Number) is shared with its third-party partners so you can expect to receive calls from partner companies. However, you can opt out by calling or emailing their customer service team.
Accredited Debt Relief Pricing
- Accredited Debt Relief offers a free consultation.
- Accredited Debt Relief allows a minimum debt of $10,000.
- Debt settlement fees range from 18% to 25% of the total enrolled debt.
- Debt management fees are $100 to $200.
- Accredited Debt Relief has a no risk guarantee, which is in compliance with FTC regulations that state they cannot charge fees until a settlement agreement is reached. Their teams have negotiated with credit card companies and financial institutions such as Bank of America, Chase, Capital One, and Wells Fargo.
- Your negotiator will collect a fee from your Dedicated Savings account only when 1) you and your creditor have agreed upon a settlement, 2) you’ve made at least one payment towards that settlement, and 3) your settlement has saved you money.
Real Customer Reviews
Accredited Debt Relief has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has an average 4.8 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Sonny was extremely thorough. Very helpful. and knowledgeable. Thank you so much. -Accredited Debt Relief Client
Very courteous and knowledgeable. They made me feel comfortable and enabled me to have a positive outlook. -Accredited Debt Relief Client
Accredited Debt Relief is a highly accredited service that offers personalized service, highly trained representatives, an online dashboard, and online transparency.
With their industry-standard fees of 18-25% of enrolled debt, it is worth checking to see if you are eligible for Accredited Debt Relief's services in your state.
Speak To A Accredited Debt Relief Representative Now(866) 804-6653 Visit Accredited Debt Relief Website
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum debt needed to enroll into Accredited Debt Relief's programs?
The minimum unsecured debt needed to enroll with Accredited Debt Relief is $7,500. Secured debts are not eligible for debt settlement programs.
What are the Accredited Debt Relief's fees for debt reduction services?
Accredited Debt Relief's debt reduction fees range from 18% to 25%.
How soon does Accredited Debt Relief start working with creditors?
On average, 1 to 2 weeks after you’ve signed up for the program. The initial calls will let creditors know that you are entering into a partnership to reduce your debt and also let them know to call Accredited Debt Relief instead of you.
The first settlement usually happens within the first 6 to 9 months of the program. It's also noted that fresh start clients typically see settlements happening faster because they aren’t paying fees until the settlement is negotiated.
What happens if I miss a monthly payment?
In the case you have a financial emergency and cannot make your monthly payment, you should contact Accredited Debt Relief about the situation at least 5 business days ahead of the payment due date. You will not be kicked out of the program, and Accredited Debt Relief will work with you to get you back on track. However, missing payments will delay your debt relief program and could affect possible settlements.
What happens if my creditors try to sue me?
In this case, Accredited Debt Relief might move this account to their priority list. It is also noted that in their experience many lawsuits are never actually filed - they are just wanting a settlement. However, if a lawsuit is filed against you, Accredited Debt Relief can attempt to resolve the account by setting up a specific payment plan.
Reviews for Accredited Debt Relief
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
5 out of 5 stars(14 Reviews)
Post your review for Accredited Debt Relief
14 Accredited Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints
Barbara Stewart, on December 07, 2019
With an amount of debt that was overwhelming me to the point of losing sleep and much anxiety, I decided it was time to take a different route. Trying to make minimum payments on my credit card, which is a joke because it just hits the interest, is like a hamster wheel. So I called and spoke with Sallie, one of the sweetest and helpful strangers on the other end of the phone, was a relief. She felt for my situation and cared. She gave me hope that I can get out of the hole that was dug in my life due to circumstances out of my control. I can breathe and sleep a little better now!!!!
Shannon C, on July 01, 2019
Shannon has done an outstanding job informing me about the service you offer. Very helpful in helping me understand the process and program I am now a part of. She has patiently answered my many questions regarding the program and helped me make a proper judgment on how to better my financial situation. Absolutely pleased working with her and am very grateful to finally get a break from working so hard to make minimal progress on reducing my debt. Looking forward to working with you guys on resolving my debt!
Dolores LaTourette, on March 29, 2020
I am so happy that I called Accredited Debt Relief. They are fantastic! I feel so much better knowing that I am going to get out of debt with this company. I'm telling anyone who is in debt to call this company. They go over everything with you and you can say yes or no to what they are telling you . They don't try talking you in to anything. It is totally up to you. All I can say is I know I did the right thing. I want to tell Maribel: Thank you so much for being so nice to me and so patient.
Shelley, on July 10, 2019
I was very hesitant and had explored other options including reverse mortgage, bankruptcy, and selling our home, to satisfy our heavy debt. I was fortunate enough to listen to Gustavo Romero as he patiently told me about this program. What a relief to not have to lose our home or give up equity. I am hopeful this way will be a good way to get us out of debt and back on track to enjoying our retirement. Thanks Gustavo.
Eugenia H, on June 20, 2019
It took a lot to pick up the phone and call and ask for help. I was fortunate to have Justin on the other end of the phone. He took me through the process, no hard sell. He left the entire thing up to me, provided any information he had, stupid question or not. Instead of being embarrassed I felt empowered. I see a bright light at the end of not so long a tunnel and I can’t say enough about the process and Justin.
Phillippe Edoaurd Drice, on February 19, 2020
They listened to me, they know all the right questions to ask, they're swift and efficient, they're human professionals. They saved me from filing Chapter 7 that would make me look like a thief of 27,000 dollars or Chapter 13 that would ruin me and deprive me of rebuilding my credit in a year. It's a business with INTEGRITY; they saved me! I thank them everyday I have money to eat and have no fear!
Charles Fox, on January 13, 2020
My experience with Accredited Debt Relief was very good. Jessica, the person who is my contact did a great job in helping me through the entire process, explaining things simply & answering any questions that I had. She was more than helpful at all times & made me feel comfortable with the entire process. I would not hesitate to recommend the company to my friends or relatives who need this type of service.
Lisa H, on August 04, 2019
Professional, thorough care. Erica was very helpful in getting me approved and enrolled in the debt management program. I was very nervous, and was hesitant to give up control of my credit situation. But once we did the math, it was easy to see that ADR is the best route for me to take. Thanks for making a hard decision more palatable.
Morgan, on January 25, 2020
Absolutely loved the fantastic customer service. I spoke to Amber in November and it was her personality and willingness to help in my hardship that led me back to Accredited Debt Relief this January. Great support system and always a pleasure to speak with. It has made one of the hardest points in my life, manageable. Thank you!
Rodney L, on June 29, 2019
I like the way they explain everything. You can ask as many questions as you need to understand it and they don't get upset or down you for it. Also very understanding of your situation and how you got to this point. I would recommend this company to everyone who wants to get out of debt.
Eva, on April 01, 2020
Barbara's customer service is amazing! With her by my side I had peace through a stressful financial circumstance. I know that I can move forward with confidence knowing I have the team's support through this process.
Kathleen Curry, on November 29, 2019
Accredited Debt Relief has been wonderful to date. They were compassionate yet professional. They were able to set up a debt relief program for me with very reasonable payments. They have taken a huge weight off me.
Esther, on June 22, 2019
The process was explained to me in detail and my representative was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend their services to anyone in need of debt relief and assistance.
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Debt Relief Partners
Accredited Debt Relief, American Debt Enders, Consolidated Credit, CuraDebt, Freedom Debt Relief, Pacific Debt Inc
|Credit Score Required||None|
|Pricing||18% - 25% of total debt|
|Minimum Debt Amount||$7,500|
|Number of Customers Helped|
Other Debt Relief Company Reviews
Andi, on August 25, 2019
Casey Rathburn was excellent to work with and very professional. She was very knowledgeable and helped get me setup. It’s very nerve-racking now a days to send over your personal info. After doing my homework I found this place to be legit. After an unexpected career change life certainly threw me some unexpected curves. After spinning my wheels and not being able to make a dent in payments it was time to get help. The process was very simple, if you are organized and you have all your bills outlined all you need to do is provide your most recent statements for review and they will do the rest in getting your bills paid off and will negotiate to lower your bills. I am looking forward to obtaining my financial goals. It’s such a relief that I have have someone negotiating all my bills to get everything resolved in a timely manner. You are provided with a realistic and reachable goal, an agent is assigned to you to keep you on track, so it’s pretty simple. I wish I did this sooner :)