Equifax 2019 Review
Signing up for Equifax is simple. Once you select which plan you want to purchase and provide some basic information like your name, address, and social security number, you instantly receive your credit scores and reports on a secure and encrypted site.
- Alerts: Alerts via email or text are sent when there are any changes in your credit report or scores, such as fraud and score monitoring. You can even set your account to send you alerts when your Equifax credit score reaches a number and receive alerts on 2 of your credit card and bank accounts.
- Online Dashboard: Equifax provides an easy to navigate dashboard.
- Customer Support: You receive customer service seven days a week. Equifax is available by phone 8 am to 3:30 pm ET and via live online chat Monday through Friday from 8 am to 12 am ET. Email support is also available through the website.
- File Monitoring: Equifax has 24/7 file monitoring.
- Identity Theft Protection And Tools: Depending on the plan you purchase, you can receive up to $25,000 or $1 million in identity theft protection. Additionally, Equifax scans the internet to make sure your personal information isn’t being used without your knowledge. In the case your identity is compromised, you have 24/7 access to identity resolution specialists.
- Lost Wallet Protection: In the case you lose your wallet or purse, Equifax contacts banks to alert them if your card is stolen and request replacements.
- Privacy Monitoring: Equifax guards your online reputation by scouring the internet for damaging material in public records and requests to remove it.
- On July 29th, Equifax was affected by one of the largest security breaches in history. They did not announce this breach until September 7th, which left the personal information of 145.5 million people at risk and included personal details such as their name, social security number, birth date, address, and driver's license number.
- Equifax does not offer a free trial.
- The Equifax credit score provided is not your FICO Score that is used by most lenders.
- Equifax Complete: For $19.95/month, you receive alerts when your credit report or scores change, credit report monitoring from all three bureaus once a year, daily access to your Equifax credit score and report, credit report locks, automatic fraud alerts, unlimited accounts for financial alerts, internet scanning, ID theft assistance, $1 million in ID theft insurance for each adult, and 24/7 lost wallet protection.
- Equifax Complete Family Plan: For $29.95/month, you can cover two adults and four children in the same household. You receive alerts when your credit report or scores change, credit report monitoring from all three bureaus once a year, daily access to your Equifax credit score and report, credit report locks for two adults, automatic fraud alerts, unlimited accounts for financial alerts, internet scanning, ID theft assistance, $1 million in ID theft insurance, and 24/7 lost wallet protection.
- Complete Report: For $39.95, you acquire your credit report and score from all three bureaus.
- Equifax Credit Report and Score: For $15.95, you can purchase your Equifax credit score and report.
- Credit Score Watch: For $14.95/month, you can monitor your FICO® score.
- Score Power: For $19.95, you receive a personalized score explanation and simulator.
Equifax provides three bureau credit report monitoring and identity theft services, but their fee is slightly higher than their competitors and they do not provide a free trial. Additionally, they misled millions of customers during the data breach that occurred in 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is Equifax's trial period?
Unlike many other credit monitoring services, Equifax does not provide a free trial.
How frequently does Equifax update my credit score?
Depending on the plan you purchase, you can receive daily or monthly updates.
What other services does Equifax provide?
Equifax also offers some identity theft protection and tools.
Reviews for Equifax
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for Equifax
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Year Founded 1899
- Pricing Starting at $19.95/month
- Trial Period None
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Other Credit Monitoring Company Reviews