Experian 2019 Review
Experian’s credit monitoring products send you immediate alerts when they find changes in your credit reports, suspicious activity on your reports, or identity fraud.
These alerts are based on key changes in your Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax credit reports.
- Accreditations: Experian is accredited with an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Alerts: Experian’s alerts will inform you of changes in your credit reports or suspicious activity like fraud.
- Experian Credit Lock: This tool allows you to control who has access to your Experian credit report.
- Updates: Depending on the plan you choose, you can get an updated Experian credit report and FICO® Score daily or monthly when you sign in.
- Identity Theft Insurance: You can receive up to $1 million identity theft insurance.
- Fraud Resolution: Experian’s fraud resolution agents assist you in restoring your identity after your information has been compromised. Costs like electronic fund transfers, lost wages, legal fees, and travel expenses are covered.
- Quarterly Three Bureau Updates: Receive updated credit reports and FICO® scores from all three bureaus every 90 days.
- Easy To Read Dashboard: Experian’s online dashboard show an easy to read credit score overview and additional factors that can affect your credit score.
- Easy Cancellation: Because there are no contracts, it is easy to cancel your monthly membership by canceling online with your account or calling the toll-free line that is available seven days a week.
- Dark Web Surveillance: Experian tracks your personal information on the dark web to catch thieves selling your identity.
- Lenders may use a different score than the one provided by Experian.
Experian CreditWorks Basic: This plan is free and no credit card is required. It provides your Experian credit reports every 30 days on sign in, Experian credit monitoring with alerts, and toll-free phone support. Experian CreditWorks: This plan is $4.99 for the first month and $24.99 for each additional month to gain access to quarterly 3-bureau credit reports and FICO® Scores, 3-bureau credit monitoring with alerts, daily Experian credit reports and FICO® Scores, Experian FICO® Score tracking with alerts, Experian CreditLock with alerts, fraud resolution support, and $1 million identity theft insurance. One-time Credit Reports And Scores: For $19.95, you receive your Experian credit report and FICO® Score along with toll-free phone support. One-time 3-Bureau Credit Report And FICO® Scores: For $39.95, you receive your Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion Credit Report and FICO® Score along with toll-free phone support.
Experian provides credit monitoring and some identity theft support, but their pricing is higher than some of their competitors.
Note: Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. (AIG). The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the trial period?
There is a seven day trial of Experian CreditWorks when you order your $1 credit report and FICO® Score 8. If you don’t cancel during the trial period, you are billed $21.95 for that month and full price for each month you continue your membership.
How frequently do they update my credit score?
Depending on which plan you purchase, you can either receive daily or monthly updates.
What other services do they provide?
Experian provides some basic identity theft protection and restoration services.
Reviews for Experian
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for Experian
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Year Founded 1996
- Pricing Starting at $19.95/month
- Trial Period 7 days
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Other Credit Monitoring Company Reviews
Recently Updated Articles