Identity Guard 2019 Review
To sign up, you must provide some personal information like your name, address, and social security number, which is done securely on an encrypted website.
Once enrolled, you are given your login information, which allows you to check into your online portal at any time. You can view any identity protection tools you have purchased, offers for new information, and updates when you have new credit reports and scores available.
If you register your credit card and bank accounts, you receive access to one of Identity Guard’s identity protection plans, which can protect you from having your identity compromised and cover those expenses should that happen.
Identity Guard Pros
- Accreditations: Identity Guard has an A+ from the BBB.
- Three Bureau Credit Report Monitoring: Identity Guard’s ID theft protection service provides credit monitoring and monthly updates from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
- Identity Theft Compensation: Identity Guard offers up to 1 million on stolen funds, which is covered by all plans.
- Mobile Access: Identity Guard offers apps for iOS and Android that let you access credit reports and credit scores, in addition to giving you steps to take in case your identity has been compromised.
- Lost Wallet Protection: Identity Guard provides lost wallet protection, cancels your credit card accounts, and gives you a $2,000 advance from one of your accounts in the case your wallet is lost or stolen. They also assist in getting new cards and IDs issued to you.
- Credit Analyzer: This tool allows you to try out different scenarios like paying off debts or applying for a loan to see how your credit may be affected.
- Alerts: Identity Guard sends notifications by email, phone, or text if there are any fraud indications on your accounts or if you have any new accounts opened in your name.
- Intuitive User Interface: This is an easy to navigate dashboard that shows a clear view of your status, accounts, and notifications.
- Digital Protection: ZoneAlarm® Antivirus Software, which is available on Windows with the Total Protection and Platinum plans, provides anti-virus, anti-phishing, and anti-spam firewall protection from malware and spyware. Identity Guard’s also includes anti-keylogging software that encrypts your keystrokes to prevent theft of your passwords. ID Vault Password Protection provides a way to store account usernames, passwords, and credit cards in their password manager, along with a social privacy manager and an anti-phishing mobile app.
- Customer Support: Identity Guard provides customer support by phone 8 am to 11 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 6 pm Saturday.
- Identity Theft Assistance Center: Experienced fraud recover agents guide you through the necessary procedure in case your identity has been compromised.
Identity Guard Cons
- Identity Guard does not answer basic questions via email, so you must call during their business hours for a response.
- The restoration services are not very strong and only provide identity theft insurance and a support hotline that is not available 24/7. In the case that your identity is compromised, you must work on restoring it, which is time consuming. According to the Federal Trade Commission, this can take up to 200 hours. Most other companies help you get your stolen identity fixed faster by providing you with a lawyer.
- Although you are alerted about fraud via a text message, Identity Guard does not alert the credit bureaus. You will have to set these alerts yourself.
- Some customers reported Identity Guard’s interface was confusing, the wait time for calling was too long, and they had issues logging into their account.
- The scores provided by the triple bureau scores are not the FICO scores that lenders use.
- They do not assist with medical or tax identity recovery.
Identity Guard Pricing
Identity Guard offers multiple plans for every situation.
Essentials: For $8.99/month, this plan provides $1 million identity theft insurance, lost wallet protection, a US based dedicated case manager, and up to $1 million reimbursement for stolen funds. Total Protection: For $19.99/month, this plan offers the former along with quarterly updates on bureau credit reports and scores. Platinum: For $24.99/month, this service provides the perks of the Essentials and Total Protection plans and adds monthly bureau credit reports and scores. Couple Plan: For $27.99/month, this plan covers two adults in a single household and includes social security monitoring, ID verification alerts, 3 bureau credit monitoring, credit scores, identity theft victim assistance, and $1 million identity theft insurance. Parent and Children Plan: For $24.99/month, this plan covers one adult and up to 15 children. It includes social security monitoring, ID verification alerts, 3 bureau credit monitoring, credit scores, identity theft victim assistance, $1 million identity theft insurance, and child identity monitoring (kID Sure). Family Plan: For $29.99/month, this plan covers two parents and up to 15 children, and includes social security monitoring, ID verification alerts, 3 bureau credit monitoring, credit scores, identity theft victim assistance, $1 million identity theft insurance, and child identity monitoring (kID Sure).
Identity Guard offers triple bureau credit monitoring and a multitude of services ranging from social security monitoring to identity theft insurance. However, consumers must inform the bureaus and restore their identity in the case it is compromised.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the pricing of Identity Guard?
Essentials Plan: $8.99/month Total Protection Plan: $19.99/month Platinum Plan: $24.99/month Couple’s Plan: $27.99/month Parent and Children Plan: $24.99/month Family Plan: $29.99/month
How long is the trial period?
The trial period is 30 days.
How frequently does Identity Guard update my credit score?
Depending on the plan you choose, you will either be provided quarterly or monthly updates.
What other services do they provide?
Identity Guard offers $1 million in identity theft insurance, child identity monitoring, ID verification alerts, and identity theft victim assistance.
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Year Founded 2001
- Pricing Starting at $8.99/month
- Trial Period 30 days
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Free Credit ConsultationGet Your Free FICO® Score And Personalized Credit Improvement Strategy Call now for your consultation