TransUnion 2021 Review
TransUnion was founded in 1968 and are currently one of the three major bureaus for credit reporting and credit scores. They offer consumers basic credit monitoring services.
Your credit score is an important factor in loan approvals, auto insurance, and even job applications. TransUnion gives you unlimited access to your credit history, credit reports, and sends you alerts if there are any changes, such as new accounts opened in your name, credit card balance increases, or late payments.
To sign up for TransUnion, you simply provide basic information and answer security questions to see your TransUnion score. To access your three bureau score, there is a single fee of $29.95, which you must pay each time you want your updated report and scores.
Contact TransUnion: Website: www.transunion.com Phone: 800-916-8800
- Accreditations: TransUnion holds an A- from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Alerts: With just your name and social security information, identity thieves can take your credit card information, take out a car loan, or open a new bank account. Because identity theft is such a widespread problem, TransUnion has a mobile app for iOS that alerts you of potential identity fraud. They send alerts when lenders request access to your report, when someone tries to open a credit card, take out a car loan in your name, or if there are any changes to your credit reports from all three bureaus.
- Access To Credit Scores: Users have unlimited access to TransUnion credit scores and three bureau credit monitoring.
- Customer Service: TransUnion aids you in disputing items on your credit reports. You can reach them by phone Monday through Thursday 8 am to 12 am ET and Friday through Sunday 8 am to 8 pm ET.
- Identity Theft Insurance: Depending on the plan you purchase, TransUnion provides $25,000 or $1 million in identity theft insurance in the case your information is compromised.
- You must pay for your Equifax and Experian report every time you want to access your updated scores.
- The scores given varies from your FICO® score, which is what lenders generally use.
- TransUnion charges $19.95 for your TransUnion credit score and report.
- Your three bureau score is a single fee of $29.95 that you must pay again when you want your updated report and scores.
TransUnion offers some credit monitoring by allowing you access to your credit reports and scores. However, it is more expensive than some other services.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is TransUnion's trial period?
TransUnion offers a 7 day trial period for $1, but you are billed if you do not cancel within the first 7 days.
What other services does TransUnion provide?
TransUnion provides some identity fraud protection and compensation.
Does TransUnion share my information with other credit reporting companies?
No. TransUnion does not share any credit information. If you are looking to obtain your Experian or Equifax credit report, you must contact them directly.
Reviews for TransUnion
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for TransUnion
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Credit Monitoring Partners
ExtraCredit, Identity Guard, LifeLock
|Credit Score Required||None|
|Pricing||Starting at $19.95/month|
|Trial Period||7 days|
Other Credit Monitoring Company Reviews
Recently Updated Articles