Fiona 2024 Review
Fiona is the fastest, easiest, and most comprehensive way to search for personal loans from the top providers. Fiona is created and powered by EVEN Financial, the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Fiona is not a lender.
Fiona uses proprietary matching technology and its relationships with dozens of trusted lenders and lending partners to find the best loan options for you.
To use Fiona's services, you need to:
- Have good to excellent credit (670 or higher)
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
You should also keep the following information handy while filling out Fiona's online form:
- Estimated credit score
- Annual income and pay frequency
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
By filling out a simple form, Fiona checks if you are pre-approved and gets the best offers from the top providers for you in seconds, so you can get instantly matched with the right personalized offer all in one place.
If you are offered a loan, you will have the opportunity to review the final offer made by the lender or lending partner, and to accept the loan agreement made directly between you and the lender or lending partner. The lenders and lending partners that Fiona works with may charge an origination fee for facilitating the loan to you. For example, on a $10,000 loan with a 5% origination fee, you will incur a $500 origination fee and receive $9,500 upon successful issuance of your loan.
Fiona has an excellent reputation for being a safe and secure loan provider due to the fact that they use 256-bit encryption to secure your information, which is a higher security standard than many banks. This ensures that all personal and financial information remains safe when you submit your application. Fiona does send information to third parties that you aren't able to vet beforehand, as with any matching service. However, it does not sell your personal data to other companies, and only partners with companies that are considered to be trusted, legitimate lenders.
Fiona features loans from $1,000 to $100,000 for a wide range of purposes from consolidating debt, funding unexpected expenses, medical bills to financing a home renovation. Loans made through Fiona are unsecured loans, meaning that the loan is issued and supported only by the borrower’s creditworthiness, rather than by any type of collateral. Therefore, you do not need to own a home or other property to be eligible for a loan through Fiona.
Fiona Financial Pros
- Free Service: Fiona’s service is 100% free to use. They offer competitive rates and no upfront or hidden costs.
- Compare Offers From The Best Lenders: Choose from a comprehensive range of the top lenders ranging from SoFi and LendingClub to Prosper and Marcus by Goldman Sachs.
- Trusted & Experienced Service: Fiona uses 256-bit SSL encryption to secure your information, which is a higher security standard than many banks. This ensures that all personal and financial information remains safe when you submit your application.
- No Negative Credit Consequences: The Fiona loan pre-approval process does not negatively affect your credit score (only a soft credit pull is performed).
- Co Applicants Accepted.
- Additional Free Benefits: Fiona provides additional value added tools such as a debt refinancing calculator.
- BBB Accredited Service: Fiona's parent company EVEN Financial has been Better Business Bureau (BBB)-accredited since 2015 and has an A rating on the official BBB website.
- The Wall Street Journal, the Finance Magnates, Dow Jones, and Crowdfund Insider have published Fiona Finance reviews praising the site.
- Free Educational Resources: Fiona provides a noteworthy blog and FAQ section. Jointly, these assets provide a wealth of information for browsers looking to educate themselves in the field of personal finance.
- Depending on creditworthiness and a myriad of other factors, not all users will qualify for a pre-approved loan offer. Even if you don’t, Fiona will match you with a more appropriate offer.
- Additional steps are sometimes required to complete applications depending on the selected provider site.
- Because it is a loan matching service, Fiona shares your information with their partners.
How does Fiona work?
Fiona is a website that tries to help its customers find loans and other financial services that meet their needs. When you use Fiona’s comparison engine, you’ll provide some basic financial information, such as your credit score and income. You’ll also let Fiona know some personal info such as where you live.
Fiona Credit reviews the info you provide and will match you with companies that offer the services you’re looking for.
One nice thing about Fiona is that unlike many similar sites, which focus on a single service, Fiona can help you find lots of financial products. On top of loans, Fiona can connect you with insurance, credit cards, and savings accounts.
Fiona helps connects its users to a variety of financial services, including:
- Personal loans
- Student loan refinancing
- Auto loan refinancing
- Mortgage refinancing
- Life insurance
- Auto insurance
- Credit cards
- Savings accounts
When you create an account on Fiona’s site, you’ll be asked for some basic financial and personal information. Fiona uses the info in your profile to help match you to the various financial services you might need.
Expect to provide the following info:
- Personal information
- Contact information
- Your estimated credit score
- Your marital status
- Your income
- The amount you want to borrow (if applying for a loan or refinance)
The nice thing about providing this info when you first sign up is that it makes it quick and easy to get matched to multiple services through the site. For example, if you’re looking for a personal loan and a savings account you won’t have to provide the same information on both applications.
If you use Fiona to apply for a loan, note that Fiona will initiate a hard pull on your credit report. That will cause your credit score to drop by a few points.
Terms & Requirements
Fiona doesn’t offer loans directly. Instead, it directs its users to a network of partner lenders which means the exact terms and requirements for the available loans can vary. Each lender is free to set its own rules and terms.
In general, to qualify, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- Be a US citizen
- Have proof of income
- Have a verifiable bank account
While each lender can set its own loan terms, loans available through the site typically have repayment terms ranging from two to seven years.
- Specific loan rates and terms depend on the lender
- Loans from $1,000 - $100,000
- Receive money as soon as the next business day
- Loans are unsecured — you do not need to own a home or property to qualify
- APR rates as low as 4.99% (and up to 35.99%)
- Loan terms from 24 - 84 months
- Fiona is 100% a free service
- Partner lenders may charge an origination fee (of 1-6% of the loan), late fees, or ACH return/check refund fees
For Whom Fiona is Good?
Fiona is a useful website for anyone who is looking to find financial services such as loans, insurance, or savings accounts.
If you’re looking to borrow money, Fiona is a good choice for people who have good credit thanks to the lenders it works with. Many of its partners offer loans large and small and with low interest rates for well-qualified borrowers.
Fiona also works with lenders that lend to people with fair credit. However, if you have poor or bad credit, there’s a good chance that you won’t be able to find a willing lender through Fiona.
If you’re looking for a loan and aren't sure if Fiona is right for you, consider these alternatives.
- LoansUnder36. This website, like Fiona, connects borrowers to lenders instead of offering loans itself. It’s designed for borrowers with poor or fair credit and matches them to loans with APRs under 36%.
- 5KFunds. Like LoansUnder36 and Fiona, 5KFunds helps borrowers connect with lenders that will be willing to approve them for a loan. Like LoansUnder36 is mostly focused on borrowers with poor or fair credit.
Fiona saves users time and money, and it’s a safe and secure way to obtain personalized loan offers to meet your needs as well as allowing you to choose from a comprehensive range of the top providers. With a speedy approval process and unsecured loans that can be used for any purpose, it is an ideal option for customers who demand financing options and want to access them quickly.
Phone: 800-614-7505 Address: Fiona Email: [email protected] 43 W 24th Street, Floor 5 New York, NY, 10010, US
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Fiona marketplace platform compare to other lenders?
Fiona provides essential infrastructure to connect customers with personalized products (including loans, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. The Fiona platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, SoFi, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs.
Fiona helps customers get matched with the financial services they need. All it takes is a simple form and Fiona will check if you are pre-approved and get offers from all the top providers within seconds. Based on the info provided by a customer and their creditworthiness they’ll be matched with the right offer to suit their needs, backed by the industry-leading recommendation engine.
How do I know if I qualify to receive a loan through Fiona?
Fiona looks at a number of factors such as APR, terms, speed of approval, speed of funding and if you qualify for the loan to display the best loan product for you. If you are not satisfied with the loan offer displayed to you, you can always see all of your results to find a more suitable option for your needs. You must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen to qualify for a loan using this marketplace.
In order to be connected with a lender through EVEN Financial, you need a credit score of at least 580. It’s important to know your budget as well. Depending on how much you need to borrow and the terms of your loan, your monthly payments could be quite high. If you won’t be able to afford your loan, lenders aren’t likely to work with you.
What are the minimum credit requirements to receive a loan?
Individual requirements vary by lender but Fiona offers options for nearly any credit score on their platform.
Does it cost anything to use Fiona?
Fiona's services are 100% free.
Will submitting an application with Fiona hurt my credit?
Submitting an application with Fiona will not impact your credit since lenders may initially run a soft pull (which does not affect your credit). However, if you follow through with an application, your individual lender may authorize a hard pull, which hurts your score temporarily.
What does it mean to be pre-approved by Fiona?
After submitting your information, Fiona presents you with pre-approved offers from their partners, which include your potential loan terms and rates. You can follow through with these potential offers on the lender's website; however, keep in mind that loan offers are not final and are subject to change.
What if I have questions about my loan after I've applied with a partner lender?
Once you have applied for a loan with one of Fiona's partner lenders, any questions or concerns you have about your loan will ultimately be answered by their customer service team. However, Fiona welcomes any feedback and comments on your experience through their "Contact Us" page.
Can Fiona be trusted?
Yes, Fiona is a trustworthy website. The lenders and financial service providers that it connects you with are legitimate and well-reviewed. Using the site is perfectly safe.
Reviews for Fiona
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
5 out of 5 stars(4 Reviews)
Post your review for Fiona
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Personal Loans Partners
5KFunds, AmOne, BadCreditLoans.com, Credible Personal Loans, EVEN Financial, Fiona, LendingTree Personal Loans, LightStream, LoansUnder36, PersonalLoans.com, Upgrade
|Credit Score Required
|Minimum Loan Amount
|Max Loan Amount
Other Personal Loans Company Reviews