Credible Personal Loans 2019 Review
Since 2012, Credible has offered personal loans to consumers with fair to excellent credit scores.
Founder and CEO Stephen Dash initially created Credible as a means for borrowers to relieve the burden of student loan debt (they also offer student loan refinancing) but eventually added personal loans to their list of services.
Personal loans offered through Credible's partner lenders can be used to consolidate credit card debt, renovate your home, or fund a personal expense like a wedding or vacation.
You can receive real, personalized offers from up to 10 lenders in just 2 minutes by filling out a single online form, which saves you time and allows you to compare rates easily.
To apply for a personal loan through Credible's comparison marketplace, you must meet a few requirements:
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a valid checking account in your name
- You must have fair to excellent credit -- usually a credit score of 600+
Filling out an application through Credible's website is free and easy. First, you have to create an account by entering your email and password and indicate that you are taking out a personal loan. Once you have done that, you simply have to enter some basic personal and financial information that includes:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Estimated credit score
- Employment information
- Annual income before taxes
- How much you want to borrow
- What you plan to use the funds for
- Your highest completed level of education
Credible will authorize a soft credit check (which does not affect your credit score) to confirm your financial information. They can do this quickly since they work with the three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion).
If you pre-qualify, you will be shown several loan offers by Credible's vetted lenders. At this point, you can choose a loan and fill out a full application through your actual lender. Keep in mind that you are under no obligation to follow through with any of your loan offers and that prequalifying does not guarantee that you will ultimately receive a loan. Your loan terms -- interest rates, repayment terms, and more -- depend greatly on your credit history.
Credible's client support team will keep in touch with you through the entire loan application process. Customers can contact them through phone, email, or website chat functionality to speak directly with a representative.
Contact Credible: Email: [email protected] Phone: 866-540-6005
- $200 Best Rate Guarantee: Credible is so confident in the personal loans rates offered through their site that if you find a better personal loan rate on another lender marketplace, Credible will give you $200 (terms apply).
- Accredited and top rated service: Credible is BBB accredited with an A+. As of February 2019, Credible is rated a 9.5 out of 10 on TrustPilot (a 3rd party review site) with over 1000 customer reviews.
- No fees: Credible's service is completely free to use.
- Quick approval: Borrowers can receive approval in a matter of minutes.
- Large loan marketplace: Credible has a large network of vetted lenders that you can reach simply by filling out one form. This allows you to look through several options before deciding on the best loan for you.
- Great customer service: Credible's customer service has representatives available by phone, email, or online chat.
- Credible customers complained that once they chose a prequalified offer and submitted their personal information, they were contacted frequently with phone calls and emails by Credible (not the lenders).
- Although Credible does not charge any fees for their services, your lender may charge additional fees (such as origination fees, processing fees, and ACH transfer fees). Be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before signing any documents.
- Credible is a 100% free to use loan comparison service.
- Credible's lending partners offer loans between $1,000 and $100,000.
- Fixed rates range from 4.99% to 35.99%.
- Loan terms range from 2 to 7 years.
Credible is a reputable company that offers a variety of services, including connecting borrowers to a loan network of vetted lenders. If you have good or excellent credit, we recommend using Credible's free service to see your loan options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personal loan?
A personal loan is a large cash fund you can borrow for personal use, like paying off consolidated debt, investing in your home, a vacation, or wedding.
How does Credible make money if it's a free service?
Credible is a completely free service for consumers, but they are paid a commission by their partners for referring borrowers.
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Credit Score Required 600
- Minimum Loan Amount $1000
- Max Loan Amount $100000
- Loan APR 4.99% to 35.99%
- Time in Business Since 2012
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Free Credit ConsultationGet Your Free FICO® Score And Personalized Credit Improvement Strategy Call now for your consultation
View Loan Offers