LifeLock 2019 Review
LifeLock provides comprehensive identity theft prevention services such as credit monitoring, financial account monitoring, and public records monitoring. Depending on your situation, LifeLock has multiple plans that can work for you.
If you simply want personal information monitoring and identity theft protection, LifeLock Standard or LifeLock Advantage has you covered. If you have multiple bank accounts, many lines of credit, travel frequently, or do frequent online shopping, LifeLock Ultimate Plus will suit your needs better.
In addition to protecting your identity, LifeLock sends alerts if they suspect fraudulent activity on your personal accounts and provide assistance on getting your identity back in the case that it is compromised.
When you sign up for LifeLock’s 30 day risk-free trial, you must provide your credit card, contact information, and billing address. You can also enroll family members for an extra fee.
Once your account is ready, you can access a portal with a multitude of features. You will be asked for more information, such as bank account information, driver’s license, email address, phone number, your mother’s maiden name, and insurance. This information allows LifeLock to have more venues to monitor your accounts. You can enter up to five credit cards, five bank accounts, two addresses, two email addresses, and two phone numbers. This ensures that in the case that someone uses your social security number to open a bank account, you will be notified by LifeLock’s alerts, and in the event that you lose your wallet, you will receive help in obtaining a new driver’s license. Unfortunately, if you have multiple unlisted accounts, those can be compromised without your knowledge.
With LifeLock, you can set alerts regarding your credit score, personal account information, and transactions that exceed your limits.
LifeLock provides a $1 million service guarantee, which covers expenses up to $1 million in the case your identity is stolen because LifeLock failed to detect any fraud.
If you want to add a family member to the plan, LifeLock charges full price for each member. You can also enroll in automatic payments to ensure that you never forget to pay your bill.
If you are not satisfied with the service at the end of the 30 day risk-free trial, call 1-800-LifeLock for a full refund. If you do not cancel, you will be charged the usual monthly fee.
Contact LifeLock: Phone: 1-800-543-3562 Address: 60 E. Rio Salado Pkwy Suite 400 Tempe, AZ 85281
- Identity Protection: LifeLock’s identity protection services help you catch identity theft. Depending on the plan, customers receive credit monitoring from all three major bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, social security number monitoring, and account monitoring.
- Recovery Services and Identity Theft Insurance: An experienced US-based Identity Restoration Specialist help restore your identity. If you are a victim of identity theft and you are enrolled in the Standard membership, LifeLock reimburses lost funds up to $25,000, which includes account withdrawals and false tax returns. If you are enrolled in Advantage membership, you receive up to $100,000, and if you use the Ultimate Plus membership, you can receive up to $1 million. LifeLock also helps with the cost of replacing documents ($2,500), loss of income (up to $6,000), stolen wallet, traveling expenses and assistance (up to $2,500), fraudulent withdrawals (up to $10,000), elderly care and child care (up to $6,000), legal costs (up to $1 million), remediation service costs, and case management costs.
- 24/7 Support: LifeLock’s 24/7 US-based customer support includes a toll-free number that quickly connects you with a representative and the ability to submit a message through an email ticket system to receive an equally speedy response.
- LifeLock Alerts: Alerts are sent by phone, email, and text if LifeLock detects any suspicious activity. If you sign up for the Ultimate Plus Plan, LifeLock sends you a list of sex offenders in your area. You are also notified when someone has requested a credit check on you.
- $1 Million Reimbursement: If LifeLock fails to catch any suspicious activity and your identity is compromised, you are given up to $1 million to cover the expenses.
- Credit Reports and Scores: The Advantage Plan allows credit report access to one bureau and the Ultimate Plus Plan gives you access to credit reports from all three bureaus.
- Address Change Verification: LifeLock notifies you of any changes in address linked to you.
- Black Market Website Surveillance: LifeLock monitors over 10,000 black market websites to search for identity thieves selling your personal information.
- Opt-Out Option: LifeLock removes your name from pre-approved credit card mailing lists to protect you from identity thieves.
- LifeLock Wallet: LifeLock offers this app for Android and iOS, which can store digital backups of the cards in your wallet, in addition to showing any alerts.
- LifeLock does not provide antivirus software to protect personal information.
- Some customers stated LifeLock's account was difficult to cancel due to poor customer service.
- In 2015, LifeLock was ordered to pay up to $116 million to consumers to settle Federal Trade Commission charges regarding consumer information and advertising practices. They did not confirm or deny the allegations.
LifeLock offers three plans:
The Standard Plan: For $9.99 a month or $109.89 annually, this plan provides $25,000 in stolen funds reimbursement, identity alerts, lost wallet protection, address change verification, identity theft recovery, checking black market websites for the sale of your personal information, and 24/7 phone support. The Advantage Plan: For $19.99 per month or $219.89 annually, this plan provides up to $100,000 in stolen funds reimbursement, bank and credit card activity alerts, alerts on crimes in your name, identity alerts, lost wallet protection, address change verification, checking black market websites for the sale of your personal information, 24/7 phone support, credit report monitoring from three bureaus, bank account alerts, data breach alerts, public records scanning, additional online monitoring, and sex offender reports. The Ultimate Plus Plan: This plan is recommended for customers who have investments, a 401(k), or a higher net worth. For $29.99 per month or $329.89 annually, this plan gives you $1 million in reimbursement, identity alerts, lost wallet protection, address change verification, checking black market websites for the sale of your personal information, 24/7 phone support, credit report monitoring from three bureaus, bank account alerts, data breach alerts, public records scanning, additional online monitoring, and sex offender reports.
As a credit monitoring service, LifeLock is not the best choice since they do not provide monthly credit report and score updates from all three bureaus. However, their identity protection and restoration services are thorough and worth looking into.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is LifeLock's plan pricing?
The Standard Plan is $9.99 a month or $109.89 annually, the Advantage Plan is $19.99 per month or $219.89 annually, and the Ultimate Plus Plan is $29.99 per month or $329.89 annually.
How long is the trial period for LifeLock?
LifeLock offers a risk-free 30 day trial period.
Is my information kept secure with LifeLock?
LifeLock uses a security program that provides a high level of protection of member data.
Can I enroll additional family members?
Yes. You can enroll other family members using your secure online LifeLock account.
Will signing up for LifeLock affect my credit score?
No. Signing up for LifeLock will not impact your credit.
How frequently does LifeLock update my credit score?
If you select the Ultimate Plus Plan, you receive your annual credit reports and scores along with a monthly update of your TransUnion score.
What other services does LifeLock provide?
LifeLock offers identity theft restoration services, reimbursement for lost funds, identity alerts, lost wallet protection, address change verification, checking black market websites for the sale of your personal information, 24/7 phone support, credit report monitoring from three bureaus, bank account alerts, data breach alerts, public records scanning, additional online monitoring, and sex offender reports.
Reviews for LifeLock
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for LifeLock
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Year Founded 2005
- Pricing Starting at $9.99/month
- Trial Period 30 days
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Other Credit Monitoring Company Reviews