PersonalLoans.com 2019 Review
Since 1998, PersonalLoans.com has provided a simple way for consumers to connect to an online network of lenders and lending partners to receive a personal loan. These loans can be used for a variety of reasons, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, auto repair, vacations, and home improvement.
Rather than funding personal loans themselves, PersonalLoans.com has a network of reputable lenders and lending partners that you can access by simply filling out a form on their website. To find out if you are eligible, you must provide information regarding the amount you want to borrow, your credit type, the reason for your loan, and basic personal information such as your income.
After receiving your loan request, affiliated lenders decide whether or not to approve your loan. If your information is not verified by the lender, they may deny the loan or ask for corrections. This whole process only takes a matter of minutes.
PersonalLoans.com offers three types of loans: peer-to-peer loans, which connect you with investors like individuals or companies; bank personal loans, which are funded by traditional financial institutions; and installment loans, which are funded by other finance companies.
Here are some of the requirements that PersonalLoans.com's large lender network is looking for. Please note that meeting these requirements does not mean that you will be connected with a lender.:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid Social Security number
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident - You must be employed full-time, be self-employed, or receive Social Security or disability benefits.
- Lenders and lending partners may require a form of income verification such as a pay stub
- You must have a valid checking account.
- There is not a minimum required credit score, but you must not have any recent bankruptcies or charge-offs, have accounts over 60 days late, or have a track record of late payments
- You cannot have debt that can’t be covered by your current income.
Additionally, there are specific requirements to submit an online loan request for each specific loan type. For P2P loans, you must have a minimum credit score of 600 and at least $2,000 in verifiable income; for an installment loan, you need a minimum credit score of 580; for a bank loan, you need a minimum credit score of 580 and at least $3,000 a month. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee a loan, but it improves your chances significantly.
If you find a loan offer that suits your needs, you will be redirected to your lender's page to learn more details. Your lender may require you to fill out additional information to be considered for approval. Lenders may perform a hard pull on your credit, which can lower your score by a few points.
If you are approved, you will be sent the loan agreement with the terms and conditions, which include your repayment time, monthly payment, interest rate, and loan amount. If you agree to the loan terms, the funds are directly deposited into your bank account. Although you can receive your loans in as little as one business day, the amount of time it takes to receive the funds depends on your lending partner. Since PersonalLoans.com is not a direct lender, loan terms will vary by lenders or lending partners.
After this, you will be directed to your Account Center, where you can log in and make changes to any basic personal information if needed. This tool also allows you to submit more requests for a personal loan if needed.
Payments are made monthly or bimonthly and can be made through electronic funds transfer, online payments, or by phone. PersonalLoans.com is not a direct lender. If you have any questions about a loan you received, then please contact your lender directly.
Address: PersonalLoans.com 560 E 200 North, Suite 18 Roosevelt, Utah 84066 Email: [email protected] Phone: 1-800-772-2274 Hours: Monday through Friday, 6 am to 7 pm PST
- Loans for all credit types.
- Wide range of loan amounts: Loans range from $500 to $35,000.
- Nationwide service.
- Quick loan request decision and funding: If approved, you can receive your funds in as little as one business day.
- Network of lenders: They offer a large network of online lenders that provide installment loans, bank loans, and P2P loans.
- Excellent customer support: PersonalLoans.com's customer support has overwhelmingly positive reviews from their clients.
- Additional resources: PersonalLoans.com's website contains additional resources, including an informative FAQ section and a detailed guide on how the process works.
- Because PersonalLoans.com does not directly provide the loans, they cannot guarantee the loan terms, pricing, and interest rates.
- There are no setup fees, prepayment fees, or membership charges.
- Loan amounts range from $500 to $35,000.
- Interest rates range from 5.99% to 35.99%.
- Repayment terms range from 3 months to 72 months.
- Depending on the type of loan you take out, origination fees range from 1% to 5%.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personal loan?
A personal loan is a large cash fund you can borrow for personal use, like paying off consolidated debt, investing in your home, a vacation, or wedding.
How does PersonalLoans.com compare to other lenders?
Rather than directly providing you a loan, PersonalLoans.com connects you to a network of lenders who offer a variety of loan types that best fit your credit profile.
How do I qualify for PersonalLoans.com?
Here are some of the requirements that PersonalLoans.com’s large lender network is looking for. Please note that meeting these requirements does not mean that you will be connected with a lender.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Be employed full-time or be self-employed
- Have a steady income
- Have a valid checking account
- Not have a record of late payments or any recent bankruptcies or charge-offs
- Not have debts that can't be covered by income
How can I contact PersonalLoans.com?
PersonalLoans.com can be contacted through email at [email protected] and by phone at 1-800-772-2274.
What are PersonalLoans.com's business hours?
Representatives at PersonalLoans.com are available Monday through Friday from 6 am to 7 pm PST.
What types of personal loans does PersonalLoans.com offer?
PersonalLoans.com is not a direct lender but rather works with a network of lenders. Their lenders offer peer-to-peer loans, installment loans, and bank loans.
Will my credit score be affected by a credit pull?
PersonalLoans.com and the lenders they work with may initially do a soft pull on your credit (which does not damage your score) to check if you are eligible. Lenders may do one or more hard credit pulls later on in the loan process, which does damage your score by a few points.
Can I take out a personal loan if I am not in the US?
PersonalLoans.com currently only serves US residents, but they have stated that they plan to work with international lenders and customers in the future.
Does PersonalLoans.com offer any other services?
PersonalLoans.com state that they plan to offer additional services in the future, such as credit monitoring and credit reports for customers.
Reviews for PersonalLoans.com
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for PersonalLoans.com
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Credit Score Required No minimum credit score
- Minimum Loan Amount $1000
- Max Loan Amount $35000
- Loan APR 5.99% to 35.99%
- Time in Business Since 2011
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Free Credit ConsultationGet Your Free FICO® Score And Personalized Credit Improvement Strategy Call now for your consultation
View Loan Offers