CuraDebt 2020 Review
CuraDebt is a debt relief service founded in 2000 that offers debt consolidation, debt management, and tax debt services to clients nationwide.
Their pricing and availability varies by state. Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, North Dakota, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin are not eligible for CuraDebt's services. Their tax services are not available in Colorado, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
CuraDebt works with unpaid taxes, IRA rollover issues, audits, tax liens, wage garnishments, back taxes, business taxes, personal taxes, and more. One of their outstanding features is that they provide debt relief to those ensnared by payday loans.
The company uses a three-step process for tax debt relief: during your free initial consultation, they get a detailed grasp of your finances. Next, they gather all the necessary documents and prepare your tax return before implementing the tax solution, which may include the following:
- Collection statute expiration date
- Currently noncollectible
- Installment agreements
- Offer in compromise
- Penalty abatements
- Tax lien subordination
If you live in an eligible state, you can get a free initial consultation by filling out an online form or calling CuraDebt. In order to qualify for their services, you must have at least $10,000 in debt, including credit cards, unsecured personal loans, collections, and payday loans.
CuraDebt's debt settlement services help you to set up a secure account (which only you have access to) where you begin making monthly deposits. During this time, CuraDebt will negotiate with you rcreditors to settle your debt or have it dismissed. Once they reach a solution, they will ask for your permission to withdraw the saved funds from your account.
Hours: 9 am - 8 pm EST Monday to Friday, 10 am - 2 pm EST Saturday Address: 4000 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 555-S Hollywood, FL 33021
- Top industry accreditations: CuraDebt is a member of the US Chamber of Commerce, NetCheck, HonestE Online, the AFCC (American Fair Credit Council), the IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators), ASTPS (American Society of Tax Problem Solvers), and the NATRC (National Association of Tax Resolution Companies). The IAPDA trains and certifies debt arbitrators, while the AFCC ensures that the debt consolidation company upholds FTC regulations.
- Top rated service: CuraDebt has been rated #1 or in the top two companies for "Best Debt Relief Companies" for 9 years by Top Consumer Reviews and they are also rated #1 for "Tax Relief" by Top Consumer Reviews.
- Low fees: CuraDebt has fees of around 20% of the total debt, which is lower than many of their competitors.
- CuraDebt offers an online client account.
- Customer service availability: Customers can contact CuraDebt through phone, email, and live chat.
- Extra educational services: They provide a blog with educational articles on various financial topics, including debt relief, tax debt relief, bankruptcy, and more.
- CuraDebt offers a refund policy.
- Wide variety of services: This includes tax debt relief, debt consolidation, and debt management.
- Experienced team members: CuraDebt's team has over 100 years of experience resolving tax issues. They include tax professionals, state tax experts, certified public accountants, and tax attorneys with 60+ years of experience. Two of their agents were formerly employed by the IRS. CuraDebt's counselors are experienced, qualified, and have backgrounds in financial planning, business, and more.
- All debt relief services are managed in-house.
- CuraDebt is licensed and bonded in numerous states. They are compliant with federal and state laws.
- At the moment, CuraDebt is not available in Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, North Dakota, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Tax services are not available in Colorado, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
- They are not currently accredited by the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- CuraDebt's website does not provide a whole lot of transparency in regards to their tax services, refund policies, pricing, and fees.
CuraDebt gives its new customers a free initial consultation with a debt relief expert to determine whether or not debt relief services are necessary.
If you are pursuing debt settlement, CuraDebt collects payments from you and puts them in an FDIC-insured settlement fund that is used to pay off your debt in a single payment once your debts are negotiated. During this process, you are still held responsible for your debts.
In the case of tax debt relief, you receive assistance from CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys. Tax debt lower than $25,000 has a flat initial investigation fee of $950. Anything higher will cost more.
You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify. If you have less, CuraDebt encourages you to pay it off using a personal loan.
Their fees are 20% or less of your total debt, and you are only required to pay once their case is settled. You will usually save around 30 to 50% of your total enrolled debt.
On average, CuraDebt’s debt consolidation program lasts from 2 to 4 years.
CuraDebt is a highly accredited debt settlement company that also offers services for tax relief, payday loan consolidation, and more. Although their services are not available in every state and they lack online transparency, they are worth looking into if you are eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is debt relief?
Debt relief is the process of resolving your debt without taking out a loan through a debt management or debt settlement program.
What is the minimum debt needed to enroll with CuraDebt?
The minimum unsecured debt needed to enroll for debt relief services is $10,000.
What debt relief options are offered by CuraDebt?
CuraDebt offers an in-house debt relief program for debt settlement. They also offer tax relief services.
What are the fees for debt reduction through CuraDebt?
Your fee depends greatly on several factors, such as your total enrolled debt and the amount of money you can put towards monthly payments. The average fee for debt reduction is around 20%.
Can CuraDebt help me with IRS and state tax issues?
CuraDebt Tax offers solutions for tax issues such as tax liens, wage garnishments, delinquent payroll tax issues, and more. You may contact one of their Tax Account Executives for more information.
Will debt relief work for me?
Debt relief is a good alternative to bankruptcy. However, there are conditions to be accepted into the debt relief programs since each individual's situation -- and ability to pay on a monthly basis -- is different.
Reviews for CuraDebt
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for CuraDebt
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. TheCreditReview.com does not include all credit repair and reporting solutions available to customers in the market.
- Year Founded 2000
- Minimum Debt Amount $7,500
Company Highlights & Accomplishments
Other Debt Relief Company Reviews
Recently Updated Articles