CuraDebt 2023 Review
CuraDebt is a debt relief, debt settlement, and tax relief service that assists consumers across the US in dealing with unsecured debt and state/federal tax debt.
Since 2000, CuraDebt has offered its debt consolidation, debt management, debt settlement, and tax debt services to clients nearly nationwide.
How It Works
CuraDebt works with unsecured personal, business, and tax debt. Qualifying debts generally include unsecured debts such as credit cards, personal loans, medical bills, lines of credit, business debts, collections and repossessions, and tax debt (such as unpaid taxes, IRA rollover issues, audits, tax liens, wage garnishments, back taxes, business taxes, personal taxes, and more); in specific cases, CuraDebt will work with some legal debts and student loans. However, they will not work with utility bills, mortgages, auto loans, or government loans.
If you're interested in taking the steps to deal with your debt and/or taxes, CuraDebt could be the right service for you.
To qualify for CuraDebt's services, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 or older
- Have verifiable income
- Have more than $10,000 in unsecured debt (credit cards, unsecured personal loans, collections, etc)
If you live in an eligible state, you can get a free initial consultation by filling out an online form or calling CuraDebt.
During this call, your representative will get a detailed grasp of your finances.
If you are pursuing debt settlement, CuraDebt will help you set up a secure account in which you will begin making monthly deposits and negotiate with your creditors to dismiss or settle your debt. Once a settlement is reached, CuraDebt will ask for your permission to withdraw the funds from your account and pay off your creditors with a one-time lump sum payment.
If you are working with tax debt, CuraDebt will gather all the necessary documents and look over your tax returns to make sure you are compliant (they may correct inaccurate information or file missing returns). CuraDebt will then prepare your tax return before implementing the tax solution, which may include the following:
- Currently noncollectable: The IRS will stop collections if CuraDebt can help you show extreme economic hardship in which you can't pay back your taxes.
- Installment agreements: Pay off your tax debt in small monthly installments.
- Penalty abatements: Works with an installment agreement and doesn't make you pay as many penalties.
- Offer in Compromise: An agreement in which the IRS agrees to let you pay a reduced amount to resolve your tax debt.
- Tax lien subordination: Use funds from a personal asset to pay off your tax debt.
- Collection statute expiration date: An expiration date (usually 10 years) will be set on your owed tax debt.
While you're working with CuraDebt, make sure you do the following to get the full benefit of the program:
- If you're enrolled in a debt settlement program, then you can't use your credit cards. Most creditors will actually close your accounts after you enroll in debt settlement.
- Keep track of your debts, personal account, and CuraDebt trust account and contact customer service if you have any questions.
Phone: 877-850-3328 Hours: Monday To Friday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST Email: [email protected] Fax: 754-333-5510 Address: 4000 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 555-S Hollywood, FL 33021
- Top industry accreditations: CuraDebt is a member of the US Chamber of Commerce, NetCheck, HonestE Online, the AFCC (American Fair Credit Council), the IAPDA (International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators), ASTPS (American Society of Tax Problem Solvers), and the NATRC (National Association of Tax Resolution Companies). The IAPDA trains and certifies debt arbitrators, while the AFCC ensures that the debt consolidation company upholds FTC regulations.
- Top rated service: CuraDebt has been rated #1 or in the top two companies for "Best Debt Relief Companies" for 9 years by Top Consumer Reviews and they are also rated #1 for "Tax Relief" by Top Consumer Reviews.
- Low fees: CuraDebt has fees of around 20% of the total debt, which is lower than many of their competitors.
- CuraDebt offers an online client account.
- Customer service availability: Customers can contact CuraDebt through phone, email, and live chat.
- Extra educational services: They provide a blog with educational articles on various financial topics, including debt relief, tax debt relief, bankruptcy, and more.
- CuraDebt provides a free consultation. Interested consumers only need to fill out an online form to be connected to a counselor.
- CuraDebt offers a refund policy.
- Wide variety of services: This includes tax debt relief, debt consolidation, and debt management.
- Experienced team members: CuraDebt's team has over 100 years of experience resolving tax issues. They include tax professionals, state tax experts, certified public accountants, and tax attorneys with 60+ years of experience. Two of their agents were formerly employed by the IRS. CuraDebt's counselors are experienced, qualified, and have backgrounds in financial planning, business, and more.
- All debt relief services are managed in-house.
- CuraDebt is licensed and bonded in numerous states. They are compliant with federal and state laws.
- Experience: CuraDebt is older than many of its competitors.
- History of higher settlement amounts and savings.
- Offers tax debt relief along with debt relief. For tax debt relief services, you will receive assistance from CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys.
- Safe, secure service. CuraDebt uses SSL security to encrypt the personal information you enter on their site and its web security is verified by Trust Guard, which periodically checks the site for vulnerabilities. Customers also have the option to opt out of third-party data collection.
- At the moment, CuraDebt is not available in Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, North Dakota, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Tax services are not available in Colorado, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
- Tax services are not available in Colorado, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
- They are not currently accredited by the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- CuraDebt's website does not provide a whole lot of transparency in regards to their tax services, refund policies, pricing, and fees.
- Pricing and availability varies by state.
- Customers are given a free initial consultation with a debt relief specialist.
- You must have a minimum debt amount of $10,000.
- There are no upfront fees for debt relief.
- Tax debt relief services below $25,000 have a flat initial investigation fee of $950. Higher amounts will cost more.
- Fees are 20% or less of your total debt and you only have to pay after the case is settled.
- On average, customers save around 30%-50% of their total enrolled debt.
Real Customer Reviews
As of May 2020, CuraDebt has a Trustpilot score of 4.4/5.
Here are some other things that reviewers had to say about using CuraDebt:
_"I definitely recommend Curadebt, instead of taking the easy way out, they helped analyze my spending patterns, and helped me making life-altering decisions that have changed how I look at money, and expenses in general. I cannot recommend them enough. They are the definition of a true friend!"
_"I've been dealing with Curadebt for just about a year now. I admit I was sceptical at first, so I checked them out with BBB, and I was ok with them. Lina has veen my customer service representative the whole time . She has been my the person that kept me together the whole time. Always answered my wuestions in a timely fashion. She calmed me when I thought I was losing it. I was a nervous nelly and she was there for me the entire time. I would love to meet her some day in person to give her a big thank you hug. The vest customer service person I've ever come across. Thank you Lina V."
The Bottom Line
CuraDebt is a highly accredited debt settlement company that also offers services for tax relief, payday loan consolidation, and more. Although their services are not available in every state, they are worth looking into if you are eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum debt needed to enroll with CuraDebt?
CuraDebt requires a minimum debt amount of $10,000 to enroll.
What debt relief options are offered by CuraDebt?
CuraDebt offers an in-house debt relief program for debt settlement. They also offer tax relief services.
What are the fees for debt reduction through CuraDebt?
Your fee depends greatly on several factors, such as your total enrolled debt and the amount of money you can put towards monthly payments. The average fee for debt reduction is around 20%.
Can CuraDebt help me with IRS and state tax issues?
CuraDebt Tax offers solutions for tax issues such as tax liens, wage garnishments, delinquent payroll tax issues, and more. You can contact one of their Tax Account Executives for more information.
Will CuraDebt's debt relief program work for me?
Debt relief is a good alternative to bankruptcy. However, there are conditions to be accepted into the debt relief programs since each individual's situation -- and ability to pay on a monthly basis -- is different, so there is no guarantee that debt relief services will 100% work for you.
Reviews for CuraDebt
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for CuraDebt
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Debt Relief Partners
Accredited Debt Relief, American Debt Enders, Consolidated Credit, CuraDebt, Freedom Debt Relief, Pacific Debt Inc
|Credit Score Required||None|
|Pricing||20% of total debt|
|Minimum Debt Amount||$10,000|
|Number of Customers Helped|
Other Debt Relief Company Reviews