National Debt Relief 2020 Review
Since 2009, National Debt Relief has provided debt relief services for consumers across much of the US.
National Debt Relief's debt settlement services negotiate on behalf of their clients to lower the total amount of debt owed to creditors. They accept unsecured debts such as credit cards, personal loans, lines of credit, medical bills, collections, repossessions, business debts, and student loans; they do not work with lawsuits, IRS debt, utility bills, federal student loans, or secured debts.
To qualify for National Debt Relief's services, you must live in an eligible state, have a minimum of $7,500 and up to $100,000 in debt, and be dealing with financial hardship (such as a divorce, loss of income, unpaid taxes, unemployment, or the death of a spouse) that you can't recover from. The proof of financial hardship is used to negotiate with your creditors.
To sign up with National Debt Relief, you simply have to contact them by phone, online, or visit a local branch.
Once you're enrolled, you will need to do set up a payment plan, which determines how much you will pay each month into an FDIC-insured trust account (with Global Client Solutions) that eventually pays off your creditors and deducts its own fees. This process takes around 2 to 4 years, although the first settlement happens in 3 to 6 months.
During this time, National Debt Relief negotiates with your creditors and once you have saved up enough, you will pay off your debt with a one-time payment.
Contact National Debt Relief
Phone: 855-459-1560 Hours: 8 am - 12 am ET Monday through Friday, Saturdays from 10 am - 10 pm ET
National Debt Relief Pros
- Accredited service: National Debt Relief is accredited by the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), which makes sure the company is upholding FTC regulations, and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA), which offers training and certification for arbitrators. They are also accredited by the BBB (Better Business Bureau) with an A+ and as of May 2020, that have a high Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5.
- Resources and tools for customers: You can track your progress through an online dashboard or mobile app and have access to resources such as a debt relief calculator and budget planner worksheet.
- Customers have reported National Debt Relief provides professional support and great customer service. Customer service representatives are available for phone, email, and live chat.
- National Debt Relief offers a free initial consultation.
- National Debt Relief’s website provides transparency on the hard truths, legal information, process of debt consolidation, and detailed information such as consumer rights and fees. They also offer their clients a glossary to define any legal terms, educational videos, and FAQs.
- National Debt Relief offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Secure website: National Debt Relief's website keeps your personal information safe and secure through industry-standard SSL encryption. It uses both McAfee and Norton security systems to protect your information from phishing and malware attacks. Customers are eligible for 90 days of identity theft coverage up to $100,000 after they enter information on the site by clicking the McAfee icon on the bottom of the page to sign up.
National Debt Relief Cons
- National Debt Relief has no permanently assigned representative, which could make progress and support inconsistent and frustrating when you must speak to a new person every time you call.
- National Debt Relief is not available in Connecticut, Georgia, Kansas, Maine, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, and West Virginia.
- National Debt Relief does not work with secured debt.
National Debt Relief Pricing
- National Debt Relief provides a free consultation.
- Customers must have a minimum of $7,500 in qualifying debt to enroll.
- National Debt Relief does not charge upfront fees (in accordance with FTC law) or monthly maintenance fees and only charges customers once the debt has been negotiated down. There are no consultation or cancellation fees.
- They charge 15% to 25% of the total enrolled debt, depending on your total debt and state of residence. Overall debt reduction averages at 30%.
- They offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Customers are not charged any fees if they decide to cancel their service.
National Debt Relief has generally positive reviews from customers and as of May 2020, that have a Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5.
Here are some real customer reviews from Trustpilot:
I waited over 2 years to submit this review because I wanted to provide my real experience. So here it is.
It took me a few months to sign up for the program because I was researching all the debt relief companies. I chose NDR because of their excellent reviews with BBB and Trust Pilot. When I contacted the NDR Rep, he was very honest in telling me what to expect once I signed up.
I started my NDR program in Feb 2018. I enrolled 16 unsecured accounts valued at $125K. 13 of 16 accounts have been settled. 10 of the 13 settled accounts have been paid in full. My expectation was to have all my accounts settled and paid in full by Feb 2022 (4 year plan). It appears that I am ahead of schedule!
If you plan on signing up for the NDR program, you have to be 100% committed to it. That is the only way you will succeed. I knew my credit score was going to drop like a rock once I closed all my accounts. I was okay with that because I already have a fixed mortgage and paid off cars. So I accepted the fact that my credit score was not going to be a factor in my life because I am not going to be applying for any loans. Once I accepted this fact, I went "all in" with the program and have not looked back! NDR has been excellent! All my dealings with them have been very professional and honest! Since I've been in the program, I received 3 letters from my creditors informing me that I was being sued. I forwarded the letters to NDR and their legal team worked with my creditors for a quick settlement.
Understand that NDR will charge you a fee for every account they settle as mentioned in their program disclosures. NDR fees averaged 20% of my settled amounts. Once they settle with the creditor, an installment plan will be established to pay off the settled amount. One of my settled account was paid off in one month. Others will take longer to payoff. Before they settle, NDR will notify you that the creditor has accepted to settle and will ask you to approve the payment plan. For me, I agreed to all the settled payment plans offered.
If you don't have a budget, you will need to set one up before starting this program. Having a realistic budget will make a HUGE difference in how you manage your program. While you're in the program, pay everything in cash! This is why it's important to stick to your budget.
Lastly, be patient. You may not see settlements right away because you will need to deposit funds into a separate FDIC savings account to get the ball rolling. NDR will work with you to establish an amount that you will deposit into the savings account to pay your settlements. I made deposits every 2 weeks because I get paid every 2 weeks. Once your savings account grows, then you will begin to see settlements. During the first 9 months of signing up for the program, I had 8 accounts settled. Those 8 settled accounts have been paid in full!
Based on my experience, I highly recommend NDR. They have been outstanding! 5 legit stars!
- April 2020
It has been almost 1 year and you have only got 4 accounts worked out. I find this very disappointing.
- May 2020
National Debt Relief offers consumers debt relief services, full transparency, and a 100% money-back guarantee. Potential customers are encouraged to contact the company directly and receive a free consultation before signing up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum debt needed to qualify for National Debt Relief's services?
The minimum debt needed to enroll for debt relief services is $7,500.
What are the fees for National Debt Relief's debt reduction services?
Fees are generally 18% to 25% of the enrolled debt.
Where are my funds being held while I am waiting on my settlement through National Debt Relief?
Your savings are held in an FDIC insured trust account at Global Client Solutions until they are disbursed when a settlement with your creditor is reached. This account is in your name and you will have full control over your funds.
Is it safe to use National Debt Relief?
Yes. National Debt Relief uses McAfee and Norton security systems, along with industry-standard SSL encryption to protect your personal information.
Do I need to enroll all my debts into National Debt Relief's debt settlement program?
National Debt Relief encourages you to enroll all of your qualified debt into the program. Your debt consultant will talk to you about the program benfits and if enrolling all of your debt is the best option for you.
Reviews for National Debt Relief
Why leave a review about the service here?
Your reviews are a valuable source of insight for us to improve our service as well as improve the offerings. All pros and cons submitted here are evaluated and are responded. We also share these insights with our partners so that they could improve their offerings as well.
Post your review for National Debt Relief
At TheCreditReview, we value your trust.
TheCreditReview.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, TheCreditReview.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Debt Relief Partners
Accredited Debt Relief, American Debt Enders, Consolidated Credit, CuraDebt, Freedom Debt Relief, Pacific Debt Inc
|Credit Score Required||None|
|Pricing||18% - 25% of total debt|
|Minimum Debt Amount||$7,500|
|Number of Customers Helped|
Other Debt Relief Company Reviews